CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

My fanfic

I'm writing an Inuyasha fanfic. I know the basic plot, but I don't know what will actually happen. I know that a character, lets call her Kiya, (Me. I know, how cheap and n00by. But she/I won't be a Mary-Sue, I promise!) gets magically transported to the land of Inuyasha. Thing is, she doesn't know Japanese! And is a completely out of shape, reliant on technology, non-miko foreigner.
I'm just going to write scenes and ideas, that may or may not happen, until I figure out the main plot. I don't even know if its after or during the series. There's arguments for both sides...
Anyways, here's an idea for the first scene/prologue!

I wandered through the trees. I didn't know where I was, how I got there, or even why I was wandering. I just did. It just felt right.
I wondered briefly on the tranquility of the trees, on the softness of the sounds. There was nothing like it in the city where I lived. Even on the forest trails, there were bikes, faint car horns. I sighed, took in the forest scents. Everything felt so right. The only thing out of place was me.
I looked down at my unnaturally blue shirt, my purple nike-swoosh sneakers, my azure zebra jacket, my futuristic silver watch. Definitely out of place. Why was I here again, disturbing this otherwise serene paradise? I was trying to be quiet, to fit the surroundings, but my city feet were not graceful. They crunched the leaves and scared away the chittering forest creatures.
I stopped, sat down on a rock, and they began to return. I watched a squirrel skitter across the path in front of me. A leaf gently floated to the ground. I waited in a dream-like trance for what seemed like both a second and eternity.

The sun began to set, and as it lowered, it set the sky ablaze with color. Orange, yellow, red, faded to pink, purple, blue. I wished I had my sketch pad and colored pencils, but at the same time I knew I would never be able to capture it.
I waited, and the stars came out, brighter then I had ever seen them. I slumped down until the stone that was my seat became a pillow. When I began to shiver, I untied my jacket from around my waist and draped over my shoulders. The crickets chirped, the bushes rustled, and I began to fall asleep...

0 comments: