CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Why I made this blog

   All writers everywhere have two main tips for aspiring authors. The first: Read. Read whatever you can get your hands on. Read books you love. Read books you hate. Read books that are fantasy, history, fiction, science fiction, nonfiction, realistic fiction, historical fiction, romance, adventure, mystery, comedy. Read Dr. Suess and Shakespeare and everything in between. The more you read, the more you learn, and the better writer you become.
   The second tip is write. Write about anything and everything you love to hate and hate to love. Write about fantasy, history, fiction, science fiction, nonfiction, realistic fiction, historical fiction, romance, adventure, mystery, comedy. Copy the styles of Dr. Suess and Shakespeare and everything in between. The more you write, the more you learn, and the better writer you become.
   I already have the reading down. Even the varieties: Although I prefer fantasy, I've read and enjoyed books between the range of Ender's Game and Animal Arc. Science Fiction and Realistic Fiction, 320 pages and 150 pages, for adults and for little kids. I think I first read them both when I was eight. Maybe seven for Animal Arc, and nine for Ender's Game, but around eight.
   The problem is that I haven't been writing enough! Oh, I write for school, but mostly just response to literature and other prompts. The last thing I really wrote for myself was... wow, I don't even remember what, but probably years ago besides short things like roleplay intros and the such. So I decided to make this blog. I need to post at least one thing per week. Doesn't even need to be a story, as long as its writing! 100 words at the least though, and only if its an actual, well thought out drabble. Poems or lyrics can go less, or I guess a really, really good drawing may be okay, but always something once a week! Plus, since next week is a break from school, I need three. Three new stories, and this doesn't count. Wish me luck! =D

0 comments: